Volcano Civil Protection Plan

Just to remind us that we’re all enjoying our holiday on a sleeping, but still active, volcano.

https://greece.greekreporter.com/2020/02/13/greece-activates-civil-protection-plan-for-potential-santorini-volcano-eruption/

This doesn’t mean that any volcanic activity is imminent. It’s always a good idea to have a contingency plan in place for any unexpected events,

Thanks for pointing that @bigsnitch!

In general, Greece is an actively earthquake country with lots of active volcanos.

Santorini’s volcano is obviously the most famous and I have to say that there is little to no proteciton plans from the greek authorities as everyone is literally trying to make money out of the little heaven called Santorini and basically “milk the cow” for as long as it lasts…

It s sad ineed but Greece has historically proven to be very bad in responding to natural disasters and
earthquakes.

The only good thing is that we as greeks are quite used to them nowadays and the new buildings (everything that has been built after the 90’s basically) are built with new regulations and are earthquake resistant.

But I don’t want to know what will happen if the volcano erupts…

Thanks for pointing that @bigsnitch!

In general, Greece is an actively earthquake country with lots of active volcanos.

Santorini’s volcano is obviously the most famous and I have to say that there is little to no proteciton plans from the greek authorities as everyone is literally trying to make money out of the little heaven called Santorini and basically “milk the cow” for as long as it lasts…

It s sad ineed but Greece has historically proven to be very bad in responding to natural disasters and
earthquakes.

The only good thing is that we as greeks are quite used to them nowadays and the new buildings (everything that has been built after the 90’s basically) are built with new regulations and are earthquake resistant.

But I don’t want to know what will happen if the volcano erupts…